Mountain View Trees
Our mission is to sustain and enhance the trees of Mountain View, California, through community stewardship, education and advocacy.
Mountain View Trees Objectives:
- To support, contribute to and enhance the City of Mountain View’s urban forestry program.
- To educate those who live, work and visit in Mountain View about the importance of the urban forest and proper care of trees through tree walks, brochures, a website and other arenas.
- To identify threats to Mountain View’s urban forest and work to alleviate them.
- To develop programs to increase tree appreciation and improve tree care in Mountain View.
The Benefits of Trees
We advocate for trees largely because of the immense beauty they provide. Trees are an integral part of our heritage and our future. A city that is well shaded by a forest canopy has many benefits to offer.
- More moderate temperatures. Trees reduce heat islands, shade our homes and offices in the summer, and provide windbreaks, which keep us warmer in the winter.
- Increased community. People spend more time outside in areas with lots of trees, and know more of their neighbors.
- Improved health. Many studies show that spending time with trees helps people recover from illness more quickly, reduce stress, and lower blood pressure.
- Higher real estate values. Residential properties landscaped with trees and business districts lined with trees are more vibrant and attract more customers.
Tree Benefit Calculator
Click on the Map to View the Tree Benefit Calculator from TreeBenefits.com!
Click the button to take a look at these photos of San Jose over a 30 year period. What a difference the urban forest has made to this city. San Jose has been transformed by maturing trees.
People Visit MountainViewTrees.org
from All Over the World